Page 1 of 2
What it is all about?
To be a member of the Chapel of The Holy Spirit (CHS) is to be a part of the big Anglican family in Singapore. There are currently 27 Anglican parishes in Singapore and 3 parishes in Indonesia.
A baptised and confirmed member of CHS has:
- * Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting.
- * You will also be given an opportunity to be a part of the decision-making body of the Church if you are elected onto the Parochial Church Council (PCC).
- * Access to the pastoral team for their help and counsel.
- * Access to the Church facilities, such as the Sanctuary for weddings, etc.
How does one become a member of the CHS?
You will have to be baptised and confirmed before you can be considered for membership. So, if you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, and would like to be a member of CHS, do approach any of the pastoral staff or contact the office during weekdays at Tel: 6289 6313 for information regarding the baptism and confirmation class which you will have to attend.
However if you are from another church and would like to transfer membership to CHS, the following are some procedures that you will have to follow:
- If you are from another Anglican Church,
- Fill in 2 copies of the yellow transfer form (obtainable either from CHS office or from your own church office),
- Hand in the completed form to your Church and your Church will effect the necessary transfer.
- If you are from another denomination,
- Write a letter to your pastor requesting for the transfer, and send a copy of the letter to the Vicar of CHS at the following address Vicar, Chapel of The Holy Spirit, 3, Sorby Adams Drive Singapore 357690.
- Upon receipt of this letter, we will send you the necessary forms to complete.
- On completion and return of the forms, the CHS office will then effect the necessary transfer.