MINISTRY LEADER : Sis Helen Yap
A Woman Who Fears The Lord Is To Be Praised
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31 : 25 - 31
WOMEN DISCIPLESHIP GROUP # 1 (By Sis Pauline Kwan)
Date: Every Tuesday (except school holidays)
Time: 10am to 12noon (and if you join us for lunch, it usually ends at 1.15pm)
Place: CHS (Chapel of the Holy Spirit) Ground Floor Conference Room
A peek into what the ladies do at a usual fellowship-meeting:
- Worship (This brings our focus to God, the very much welcomed unseen guest in all our meetings!)
- Ice-breaker (we all enjoy this very much!)
- A study on biblical women (we love this segment too. we discuss about the positive and negative attitudes and responses of these historical women towards the circumstances in their lives. Yeah, we glean much from them.)
- Praying for one another.
After the Fellowship-meeting (we end about 12noon – 12.15pm), most of us proceed to have a lunch together at a nearby kopi-tiam.
The studyguide we are presently using is Women Who Believed God by Winnie Christensen. The women covered in this book are:
- Eve – The Pressures and Pleasures of Being First
- Rahab – Unlikely Members of God’s Family
- Mary Magdalene – Unlikely Members of God’s Family
- Naaman’s Slave Girl – Two Approaches to life
- Lot’s Wife – Two Approaches to Life
- Hannah and the Canaanite Woman – Prayinfg Against the Odds.
- Jesus’ Mother – Women Who Worshiped
- Mary of Bethany – Woman Who Worship
- Elizabeth – Walking by God’s Vision
- Salome – Foundations of Faith
- Eunice – Foundations of Faith
- Lois – Foundations of Faithe
- Sarah – Women Who Never Stopped Growing
- Anna – Women Who Never Stopped Growing